New Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Hello david.c.glenn,

       My name is Ivan, and I would be happy to assist you today. These are your options:

- Asking your parents to amend there return and delete you as a dependent. If they agree to do so, you can e-file your taxes claiming yourself, once there amended return is accepted.

- You can file a paper return claiming yourself, and the IRS will conduct an investigation to see who should rightfully claim the dependency.

- Or, you can file your return stating "someone else can claim me". The IRS will take that as consent to your parents claiming you.

I hope this helps, and thank you for contacting TurboTax!

- Ivan