lizb59

I filed my first w2 from my old job and now i have my w2 from my current job what do i do if i already filed my old jobs w2?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Why did you file your tax return without waiting to receive all of your W-2's?
Now you have to wait for the IRS to either accept or reject your tax return.  If rejected you can add the tax data from the W-2 and e-file again.
If accepted then you have to wait for the tax refund to be received or the taxes owed that were paid to be processed by the IRS.  Then you will have to file an amended tax return, Form 1040X, to add the W-2.  An amended tax return can only be printed and mailed by you, it cannot be e-filed.  The IRS will take about 16 weeks to process the amended tax return.

First, slap yourself.

Second, you only file one tax return for the whole year that lists all your income.  Since you filed a return already, that means you must file an amended return that adds the new income to your existing income.  You will probably owe tax back to the IRS.

Wait until your original tax return is accepted, processed by the IRS, and your refund is paid.  Then follow the instructions at the bottom to file an amended return.  In most cases you should expect that you will owe money back.  Don't file the amended return until your refund is paid.  (If you are due an additional refund on the amended return, expect it to take 4-5 months to be paid.)

If you are lucky, your first return will be rejected.  In that case, it is as if is was never filed, and you can add the additional income and transmit it again without having to make an amended return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

View solution in original post

You must amend your return for 2017.  The forms aren't ready yet.

You have till April 17, 2018 to file without penalty.

Please wait till you get your original refund, then check back with Turbo Tax; the Form 1040X isn't even ready yet.