April 9, 2018 7:43 PM
This widget could not be displayed.
You may claim an adult as a dependent if they meet the following requirements:
- They aren't claimed as a dependent by someone else.
- They are a U.S. citizen, resident alien, national, or a Canadian or Mexican resident.
- They aren’t filing a joint return with their spouse.
- They lived with you the entire year.
- They made less than $4,050 in 2017.
- You provided more than half of their financial support.
You cannot claim the earned income credit (EIC) for an adult unless that person is your permanently and totally disabled qualifying child.