New Member

If i lived with roomates can I claim head of household or should I do single..? My 16 year old brother lived with me and I took care of him so am claiming him.

And it switched me from single to head o house..  im not on the lease tho so dnt kno if i can do head o house??
Level 1

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

In order to claim your brother, you must file as Head of Household, not Single. The Single filing status does not allow you to claim dependents like your brother. 

For more information about the Head of Household status and claiming qualified children, follow these links:

View solution in original post