Turbo tax is not putting my self-employed insurance premiums deduction on line 29. It's itemizing them. I have S-corp K1 and W2. How do I bypass this bug?

There seems to be a bug with Turbo Tax on-line.  I received a W2 from my S-Corp for the premiums paid.  The S-Corp shows a loss for the year, but that should not affect my ability to deduct the premiums above the line on 29.  The W2 wages are properly entered.  The K1 is properly entered as S-Corp form 11200S.  I did materially participate.  I did click the box "I personally paid health insurance and/or long-term care insurance premiums for myself and my family and this S corporation paid me wages."  I did enter my premiums (equal to my W2 income) in the box "Health Insurance Premiums You Paid Personally".  How can I get the system to deduct the premiums on line 29 instead of them being thrown in with my itemized deductions?

Lynncand

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I would recommend you read the information provided at the following link:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/home-ownership/deducting-health-insurance-premiums-if-youre-sel...
It appears the limitation you are running into is that the S-Corp has a loss for the year.  I hope this is helpful.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thank you for responding.  I appreciate it. Yes, that is exactly the issue I believe. That is the bug. S corpse don’t follow under that rule as far as I can ascertain based on reading the tax rolls and consulting with my business tax accountant. My S Corp. issued me a W-2 for those premiums which should allow me to deduct them above the line on 29. My understanding is the loss rule applies to C-corps, LLC’s, and partnerships.