Tax_Lego
Returning Member

Using Turbotax to input K1 information into 1040

I have a question regarding Turbotax Online and how the Schedule K1 (Form 1065) is represented on the 1040. The K1 is prepared on the basis of a partner who materially participates in the conduct of the business. Specifically there are amounts in 13H and 13ZZ with the following footnotes.

LINE 13H - the footnotes shows 3 different amounts that comprise the 13H with the following comments

• Investment Interest Expense from trading - for individuals this amount should be reported on form 1040, SCHEDULE A, LINE 9

• Investment Interest Expense from trading - material participant activities: This amount should be reported on the Form 1040, SCHEDULE E, PART II, COL (i).

• Deductible business expense: This amount should be reported on the Form 1040, SCHEDULE E, PART II, COL (i).

LINE 13ZZ

• For Individuals, the amount is reported as "OTHER TRADE OR BUSINESS EXPENSE" should be reported on the Form 1040, SCHEDULE E, PART II, COL (i).

However, when I go through the turbotax questions in K1, these get reported on Form 4952 and Schedule A of the 1040 in the investment interest expense deduction.

How do I make turbotax put these on Schedule E - the online version doesn't allow directly inputting values into Schedule E either. It almost seems like these should not be all under 13H when entering into Turbotax.

Is there a way to input 13H and 13ZZ in turbotax so this goes to schedule E?