Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You can also send a paper check(s) to NYS, so long as it (they) are accompanied by the IT-2105 Estimated Tax Form (which you can print off from TurboTax).  If the amount is relatively low, and you don't mind giving the money ahead of time, I suppose one check for the whole thing is an option, but if it is that low, you may just want to up the withholding on one of your income sources, and/or find a bank that pays some interest instead.  The advantage of scheduling the payments with New York electronically is that you don't have to worry about when the quarterly is due, if you happen to be busy or on a trip or something, it still gets paid on time.  But whatever works for you.  I am not one to throw stones at paying a little early, I do that myself with the 4th quarter, paying that at the end of December, instead of January 15th, as it simplifies the tax calculations, and you've just done whatever end-of-year investment adjustments, have a better idea on what you'll owe (or at least, have to pay to avoid a penalty).