Xori

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you used TurboTax CD/Download last year and wanting to use TurboTax Online this year:

You can transfer last year's tax data file (*.tax2015) if you're preparing your 2016 return in TurboTax Online Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed.
  • You won't be able to transfer a PDF, it must be a *.tax file.
Note: If you already started your 2016 return in TurboTax Online, transferring will clear any info you have already entered.  Please keep in mind, a .tax file from a previous year will not transfer if the file is password protected.

Here's how to transfer:

You must be using TurboTax Online on your computer to do this transfer (it won’t work from a mobile device/mobile web, or in the mobile app)  
  1. Sign in to TurboTax Online and start a new return, or continue a return you already started.
    (To continue a return, sign in and then click the orange Take me to my return button.)
  2. Make sure you've gone past the blue "simple and accurate" screen before continuing to the next step.
  3. Select the My Account drop-down menu in the upper right, and then select Tools.
  4. In the pop-up window, select Transfer last year's TurboTax return from your computer.
Follow the on-screen instructions to finish transferring your file.