Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@AmyC I would like to respond to your comment, "The program does like things done in a particular order. If you started before transferring, that could have confused the program."

I have been using TurboTax for many years, probably 30 years.  I agree with your first statement, you can indeed confuse TT if you do things out of order - I have learned this the hard way in the past so resist any deviation from the interview process, until I have at least gone though every relevant question once. 

However, with regards to your second statement, I accepted the offer to transfer the previous years data when the program asked me to, very early in the interview process.  Everything came over except for the prior year's long term capital losses for the state taxes.  I did not deviate from the interview process, but TT left this data out for some reason.  I attribute the omission to a bug that subsequently got fixed (because another agent couldn't replicate the issue).  However I was able to enter the missing data manually and proceed.