SKLBI
Returning Member

1041 Estate- many years after death

My father died in 2015.  His wife handled tax paperwork and died in 2023.  In 2023, I obtained a new EIN in Oct. 2023 for my father's estate since there were a few assets that were still in his name.   I know I need to submit a 1041.   Is this for partial year beginning in Oct?

I have 2 tax documents addressed to the estate which seems straightforward for a 1041.

There was a stock in a Fidelity account which was transferred directly to 2 beneficiaries.  The only Tax Statement from Fidelity  I received is in my father's name (not the estate).  It has less than $200 in div and interest and $10 cap. gain due to cash in lieu for a partial share.  It also has $44 in Federal Income Tax withheld.   Do I enter any of these values for the 1041?   

In previous posts, I saw mention of entering "income in respect of decedent" as "Other income" but a more recent post, was about a nominee recipient filing documents with IRS which requires a -INT, -DIV and -B.

I don't think I need to do a 1040 since he died in 2015 and one was done then.

I know that Fed. Income Tax was withheld for a few years from this account and that a 1041 was not done for all of the years since my father's death.  How would I get the Federal Income Tax that was withheld?  Will it be complicated and create more issues in resolving it than it is worth?  

Thank you.