Get your taxes done using TurboTax

many thanks, David

It is a good idea. I checked with my friend. He plans to come back for a short 14 days holiday in July (with tourism visa only). He doesnt want to become a resident to report world wide income.

1. Since 9+ 14 =23 < 31, I assume he will only need to report US sourced income? 

2. The best thing to do is for my friend to summarize all of the US soureced interests (not world income) in 2024 and make the estimate payment with his tax advisor or sprintax. Then, he goes to the local office to get the sailing permit in July. If he cannot achieve it, he still makes the estimate tax with spintax or his tax advisor. Is my understanding correct? I think he just does one tax estimate not every quarter, right?

3. After finsihing 2, (no matter meeting IRS officer or not), I think it is done for him or he need to resubmit 2024 tax again in 2025 and then all done?

4. If within super bad luck, his stay is over 31 days and then leave the country in July 31th, for example, I think he can still do dual status, from Jan 1 - July 31 world income report and from Aug 1 to Dec 31 report US income rather than world income from Jan 1 to Dec 31, right? But the best is to keep himself below 31 days  to make the life easier? 

Thanks,

J