Hope60

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

SteamTrain, thank you for trying to help... I did look for files with that extension and " ~ " -  but only 3 days old files found...  All info that entered into my Taxes - all wiped out..  its just disaster... I worked non-stop for several days - fell asleep, on final check up... and now - must start - all over?? Its not right, what TurboTax doing to us.. It should periodically - by every few minutes or when we go to the next page/step = AutoSave...  WHY Turbotax not doing it?  I want the Answer - from the Developers of the Software or their CEOs. People, its intentional. There is NO reason not to have Auto-save. (except - to aggravate us with the Desktop version and milk us for more money  from online versions. Desktop - sells at stores - so, TurboTax - will not have to share Revenue with Retailers - when its Sold,  for a start ( huge extra Revenue!).
Online Sales at own site - is 100% profit for TurboTax BUT even this is not enough for them  - they want us - to do it All - at their Website & charge us extra for whatever they want - since we will be their captive audience - when all our Tax info - is stored  at their website.
So they intentionally do everything - Not Autosaving for a Start - that we convert to the Online users. Maybe, someone - do not want to? Maybe, someone - do not feel Safe - to give all extremely important personal info - to the 3rd party? Where it could be hacked, or released to the Public/Court - by Court Order ( God save us!)  TurboTax - do not care about us or our Rights. All they care - how to increase their  bottom line profit. Thats why, i believe,  TurboTax,  makes  it intentionally - use of Desktop version, inconvenient for us.  Not nice, TurboTax!