E-file Requirements by Turbox Tax after paying

How many of you get through the cycle of paying before filing your taxes and then are caught by the Turbo Tax red tape? I paid more than two days and still awaiting a response back from customer support. Turbox Tax is now requiring that I provide a phone number in order to e-file. Until this is resolved, taxes are completed, service is paid but they are sitting in cue because of the request for additional information that is not required by the IRS.

I've learned of many stories about Turbo Tax and their practices; however, I'm very disturbed to go through the process, like I have for many years in the past, to be blindsided by being required to give up more personal information that's not necessary for tax filing but only to add my personal information to their database. When logging in, a user is asked to enter their phone number, when dialing in to customer service, a phone number is requested, and now to process via electronic filing, a requirement of providing a phone number is no longer an optional measure. Phone numbers are not secure and should not be used to screen a person's identity. If someone can update their password using their email address, allow another level of security to authorized other than through their phone number.

Two options, I either need my money back for the tax filing services or the web services team needs to eliminate the required feature of a filer's phone number to e-file.