WBT
Level 2

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

JohnB6577:

I appreciate your quick response and have read your answer closely.  I used the technique you specified in your response to attempt to enter zero or delete zero in the box to the right of "Miles driven to get medical care" numerous times and am given the error message "!Value must be greater than zero" with the box highlighted in red, each and every time - probably 15 or 20 by now, and the program will not respond to the Continue button at the bottom right of the page.  My Turbo Tax 2023 is up-to-date, I believe, version 023.000.0428, and I still get the exact same response as I originally reported.  I assume that you have attempted to enter a zero response in the Miles driven to get medical care box on your personal copy of Turbo Tax 2023 and are able to enter a zero amount or blank amount of mileage and are able to continue with date entry.  For some reason that I cannot at this time understand, I still am not.  Why would I have a different result on my version of Turbo Tax 2023 than you have on yours?  I am using Turbo Tax 2023 on a New HP computer purchased in September, 2023, with a Windows 11 operating system that I keep up to date, version 22H2, which my Control Panel says is up to date though there seem to be methods to up date to version 23H2 other than with the Windows Updater I use.  I have tried, both before and after my initial communication to Turbo Tax, to go to the Schedule A, Line 1, Medical Expense Worksheet in Form View and delete the green 0 that appears there, without success, to see if I can get a blank on the Step by Step view for Tell us about anything spent on medical travel box, without success.  I am not a crank; I am a reasonably intelligent lawyer who is correctly reporting my problem and is at an impasse with the program letting me complete the entry of medical expenses in the Step-by-Step method.  Any further assistance would be appreciated.