Get your taxes done using TurboTax

thank you for the response.

Now for the "dumb questions".  In previous filings I engaged a tax attorney who handled my fathers and the estates tax filings.  His rates, while generally reasonable, will be significantly more than the total interest received.  I was hoping to do this my self and avoid the unnecessary cost.  I thought we had closed the estate in 2023 as there is no more trust income and only distributions through the trust.

1.  It I understood you solution correctly, the solution offered is to use form 1096 to reassign the 2020 Interest issued to my father's SSN to the estate TIN.  The amount involved is $205.  Second step is to file the $205 using  1041.  I do not understand how to complete the 1096 much less then "tie" the transfer to the 1041

2. For the 1099 issued to the Trust (amount of $30), file a second 1041 for the amount of interest income and offset that amount with the legal/accounting expense associated with preparing the 2022 Trust return

Given the small amounts involved and the fact that no tax be owed on the amounts, can I simply do the following:

For the 1099 (amount $205) issued to the SSN, use a 1040 and mark final

For the 1099 (amount $30)  complete the 1041 and mark final