Level 4
This widget could not be displayed.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Does anyone have suggestion on how to find an MLP K-1 Expert?  Be nice to  find one online that charges per hour.  But it has to be a true expert and fully understands all the box and subcodes and which losses I can suspend into the future.

My MLPs for this year have been the worse ever to figure out.

Box 11H Subpart F Income other than Section Sections 951A and 965 Inclusions -Where does this amount go?  TT does not put it anywhere.

Now it gets really tricky:

I am totally confused by the amount in Box 11I and hopefully someone can explain it to me.  I just bought this particular MLP OZM at the end of 2018 and owned it for less than 2 months and I own less than 20K of this MLP, yet there is over $6,000 in other income reported on Box 11I other income.  And all I see looking at my brokerage account is around $250 in dividends from this MLP.  If I owe taxes on over $6,000 in other income when I only received $250 from this MLP this has to be the worse MLP ever!

Box 11I Other Income (Loss)  is broken down into and where I think they go:

Net Ordinary Income from .........                           Schedule E part II

Total Ordinary Trade or Business Divividends      1040 Ordinary Div.

Trade or Business Capital Gains (Losses)

Net Short- term Capital Gain (Loss)                  Schedule D           

Net Short Term Capital Gain (Loss) - Reclassified from Net Long-Term Capital Gains (Loss)                 

Net Long-Term Capital Gain (Loss)                  Schedule D

Both Net Short-term Capital Gain (Loss) and Net Short Term Capital Gain (Loss) - Reclassified from Net Long-Term Capital Gains (Loss)   are large amounts and I only owned this MLP for 1.5 months in 2018.