Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thank you CHAMP for your detailed response.

Regarding part (1) of your answer below, I'd like to add that my father had passed away earlier in 2022. However, the inheritance which was a house on the market to be sold and split among beneficiaries, did not sell until 2023. Only then in 2023, the money could be wired to my account in the US. In this case, based on your explanation of disbursement of the estate, I assume the date of sale of this house is the date I should use to answer Question 54. Is that correct?

In part (2) of your answer, it seems your answer was for line 55, and not line 56. Am I understanding this correctly? I understand the answer to line 55 is "No" based on my situation.

In my original question, I wanted to know how to answer Question 56 as well. Since the wire transfer was done by a bank in another country due to the way the wire transfer company operated, how do I respond to Question 56? Reading the IRS instructions, for Line 56, the ultimate donor is my father, and not a corporation. So I am thinking to answer "No" to Question 56 as well. Is that correct?

Best regards,

Farid