Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@sayarbai so sounds like the 1040X was never processed.  You can verify this by looking at the transcript - there should be no adjustments as a result of the amendment.

So let's start over and here are my suggestions

1) Line 7 column B should show a $1500 adjustment

2) Line 15 column B should show a $1100 adjustment.  Be sure the 'other' box is checked and the works "RRC"- Recovery Rebate Credit"  placed on the line next to 'other'.

Be sure you complete Part I,  How did you complete this originally?  On Line 27, column A should be "1", column B should be a -1 and column C should be zero.  On Line 25, column A should be zero, column B should be "1" and column C should be "1".   

Be sure to list your dependent again with the SSN and check the CTC column box.  did you do that the 1st time? 

As the explanation for Part III, try this.

"Child born August XX, 2020. Did not originally claim RRC1 or RRC 2 for this newborn.  Further, inadvertantly did not claim Child Tax Credit which we are eligible for as newborn lived with us all year.  Amendment eliminates the $500 Tax Credit for Other Dependents and adds $2,000 for the Child Tax Credit, netting to $1500 adjustment."  

let me know!

View solution in original post