TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, if you were not a statutory employee or had an employee retirement  plan or third party sick pay in Box 12, there does not need to be a checkmark in Box 13. If you did have one of those the employer may have failed to check the box.

You may wish to delete this Form W-2, especially if it was imported, and enter it manually. 

To delete a damaged form, you can use Delete Forms

1. In the left menu, select Tax Tools
  2. Select Tools
  3. Select Delete a form
  4. Scroll to the Form 1099 or W-2 that is duplicated and click Delete on the right
  5. Then scroll to the bottom and select Continue with my return

Now, go back to Wages and Income, on the left menu

1. Scroll down to Wages and Salaries and click Show More
  2. Click Start or Revisit for Wages and Salaries (W-2
  3. Add a W-2

You can upload the form or use Type it in myself and Continue.

If you need extra time and file an extension, it will waive failure-to-file penalties until October 18th. However, if you would have owed tax on April the 18th, the IRS will assess monthly late payment penalties and interest until you pay.

I recommend to extend your return with a TurboTax Extension and also pay your best guess of anything you may owe. If you overpay, it will be refunded. If you underpay, it will only calculate penalties on the part that was not paid.

TurboTax has a tool called TaxCaster to give you an idea of your tax liability and/or refund. You can vary different items and see how that could impact your return. Click for TaxCaster

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"