Get your taxes done using TurboTax

aebrells1,

I only have the Premier version of desktop and couldn't reproduce your situation on a quick try of putting in one transaction with zero gain or loss in summary mode.  Do let me know if you can some more parameters of your situation.  While it is possible that Deluxe is programmed a bit differently, as a long term software developer, I have difficulty reasoning why Deluxe and Premier would differ in determining which forms to print.

One note though, technically "gain" means more than zero and "loss" means less than zero.  Not every capital transaction with no gain or loss is reported to the IRS.  For example, if you buy a $1,000 six month CD and collect the interest through maturity when you get your $1,000 back, the only thing that is reported is the interest even though you bought and surrendered the CD for $1,000 each way.  Ditto for EE and some other long term bonds bought at a deep discount.  On the other hand, I have bought TIPS bonds through Treasury Direct at a premium and opted not to amortize the premium.  Those bonds at maturity did require reporting on Form 8949/Schedule D.  I'm not saying there is or isn't a bug, just musing a bit.