DanaMarc103
Returning Member

My taxes were rejected for not meeting the MFS eligibility requirement on form 2441. My wife and I live together and have 1 dependent, whom I am claiming.

My wife and I live together and are not separated. We are filing MFS because it works better for her student loans. We have 1 child dependent, whom I am claiming. I did have a childcare/dependent care FSA last year because we didn't know if we would be MFJ or MFS this year, so that amount is on my W-2 (box 10).

My taxes have been rejected several times because I don't meet the eligibility requirements to have form 2441. Error message says:

F2441-022 - If filing status of the return is Married Filing Separately and Form 2441 'CreditForChildAndDepdCareAmt' has a non-zero value, then 'EligibilityRequirementMetInd' must be checked.

We are not separated, etc, so the eligibility check-box should NOT be checked (it is not). I did add the amount on form 2441 line 12 to form 2441 line 14, since it was explained to me that I was not eligible for that amount.  But my taxes are still getting rejected.

We do have 1 dependent, who is not present at all on my wife's (already-accepted) returns. I am claiming our dependent. Form 2441 is triggered by TT to be present in my returns.

What changes do I need to make so that my returns are accepted?