Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Really appreciate the time taken to post the best guidance & options with my mishap here. We’ve been golden every year so far with claiming of our kids & have a verbal agreement with each other without a custody agreement situation since we live together with them. We each claim one kid each year, splitting the mortgage interest & property taxes.

However this time I did some reason got confused with the non dependent question when asked while entering my child’s care expenses. I don’t recall that being a question before. Can’t remember the specific question, but it was something like “do you have a non dependent child not claimed?” I guess I misunderstood as I went through the guidance on that when it asked “why would I add a non dependent “.  It said to add at zero expenses which I should’ve looked into a little deeper. We wouldn’t be in this situation had I did that & went with my gut to not add my other non claimed child. Wish I could go back in time as taxes can get confusing at times.  

So it seems the best option is to have my boyfriend print his return & mail as is but I think we need to make sure we have the custody question answered correctly before we mail in. 

If he mails in, does he have to also send in all his supporting docs like W2, etc being that was uploaded or imported online? 
can we possibly fax it in?