Level 15

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If all the following are true, then the answer seems to be yes.

1. The children are US citizens with social security numbers.

2. They lived more than half the year with you (or with your spouse if you are filing jointly)

3. You and your spouse are both US citizens.

4. You are claiming them as dependents on your (joint) tax return.


As long as the children are citizens, lived with a parent and can be claimed as dependents, there does not seem to be a US residency requirement. 

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**