Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thanks for the quick response. 

I talked with  tech support who, while we were on the phone for almost 2 hours and doing a shared session, made screen shots and she got support from other technical staff regarding the issues while de discussed.  She agrees the page does not look right and I got her to elevate the issue to a higher level.

I received an Elevated Support call back from a multi-domain expert and enrolled agent.  She also feels that page in TT is wrong and confusing (e.g., negative number implies an over contribution which is not correct based on the entries).  We also talked for over an hour and a half during two calls.  She has elevated (or something like that) the issue and left the case open.

I think the two Intuit support people and I agree that there is a BUG in Turbotax on the page that I referenced, "Retirement Deduction Results", in both the presentation of the negative "Amount to be Contributed by the Plan Due Date" and in that the page is missing other retirement contribution information that should be there.  The page clears up and looks reasonable if  I don't do a Roth 401(k) contribution and, instead, do a non-Roth 401(k) contribution). 

Also, I pointed out to the Turbotax to the support people that this issue goes back to at least 2015.  I confirmed that by opening TT 2015 and going to that page.  I also believe this issue goes at least 2010 but I'd have to re-install TT software to confirm and I'm not going to do that.

Is their a place where users can submit potential bugs for evaluation and correction?  I would like this to be fixed in the 2021 Turbotax Home and Business (just so I can see that is is fixed now) but I think it certainly must be fixed in the 2022 Turbotax Home and Business by the 2022 filing dates.

Thank you for your suggestion to contact Support.