Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@Mike9241

I am finding the ET K-1 very confusing, hoping you can shed some light on how to deal with the entries.

I entered a negative amount on Code Z (Section 199A information).  I then enter a lot of AH codes on the next page.

After stepping through a couple of pages asking about carry-overs (which I assume Turbotax has kept track of), it asks me if there are any QBI carry-overs.  Where would I find that information?

The next page states Turbotax sees I have Section 199A income.  I have three choices, 1) this income comes from the partnership that created this K-1, 2) The income comes from another business, and 3) The only source of section 199A income is section 199A dividends, not business income.

On the K-1, ET breaks out income for ET, USAC, and SUN.  

I broke the entries down into four K-1 entries in Turbotax, one for ET, one for USAC, one for SUN box 1 and one for SUN Box 2.  I'm assuming that for ET, I select the first choice (this income comes from the partnership that created this K-1.   What do I select for the other K-1s?  The income comes from another business?  And would the small amount of Box 2 be coded as 3)?

I'm really confused when I get to the point where Turbotax is asking for information on the Seciton 199A income.  It seems like this would be a duplicate of some of the other information I've already entered.

Can you offer some general guidance?