sdhfith1

SE health insurance

I received the advance premium tax credit and it all has to be paid back on my 2021 return.   I am self-employed and I would expect the monthly enrollment premium amount in column A of Form 1095-A to be deducted as SE health insurance, but it is not.

My SE income is $15,861 and SE Tax is $1121 for a net income of $14,740.   I have no SEP, SIMPLE, IRA contributions, etc.

I paid premiums of  $3759 and have to repay the advance premium tax credit of $10,628 for a total health insurance premium of $14,387.  My plan includes my dependent child. I do not have a spouse.  

I would expect TT to deduct the full amount of $14,387 as SE health insurance, but it is only deducting $6460 and the remaining $7927 is being put on Schedule A.    The following note is at the bottom of the Health/LTC worksheet.  A self-employed health insurance adjustment of $6460.00 from premiums paid through an  exchange is included as an adjustment to income but does not appear on these worksheets.    I cannot find any worksheets that show how TT calculated this amount and do not understand how it is correct.