Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thank you so much for the reply. Very very informative.

You are assuming right, my employer did not send me to the US, so I will be under the tax and social security laws of USA.

I came on a K1 visa May 2021, but the green card was first issued March 2022. Taxation and social security payment should start January 1. 2022 (I think?).

During 2022 I've lived in MA until June, and moved to FL after this. For the first 6 months I assume my taxes should be paid to MA, and FL from July?

When it comes to the form 8802, should this be filed already now, or should I file this when doing the taxes for 2022 next year?

The quarterly payments (taxes and social security), should this have already started this year? If so, is there a way of starting this from next year?

If not possible I would most likely need to loan money to pay the taxes and social security and then get my refund from Norway next year. Not that I know exactly how I should do this since I'm getting paid as an employee on a Norwegian payroll right now.

Maybe I already from September this year should start invoicing my Norwegian employer as a self-employee instead.

If you have any suggestions regarding the quarterly payments, I would appreciate your input. Next year would be easy, but since I'm more than halfway through 2022 already I have to admit I'm very unsure how everything should be done.

Great that TurboTax can do everything of this. That's gonna make everything easier later on.

Regarding point 6;

Entered on K1 May 2021. Been working remotely since that day. Green card issued March 2022. Since I will file jointly I assume my tax period will start from January 1. 2022.

My quarterly income would be around 15-16k (depending on the currency). My spouse works as well, and I believe he is not using zero deduction.

I have played with numbers for previous year to get indication how things would look like.

Your answers helped me a lot.

If you could review my answer regarding form 8802 and payments for current year that would be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

regards,

Jim