James-B
Employee Tax Expert

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Hi @jsylves99

Thank you for this question!  I will answer the withholding question first.  You can withhold as much as you would like from your paycheck.  To increase the amount of withholding on your paycheck update line 4(c) Extra Withholding.  An amount on this line will increase your withholding by the amount specific per pay period.  

Given your scenario, it may be helpful to leverage our withholding calculator.  I’ve added a link below to the calculator, which you can use to run hypothetical situations or determine your current withholding needs. 

W-4 Calculator - Free IRS W-4 Withholding Calculator 2021-2022 | TurboTax® Official (intuit.com)

For the Social Security withholding, you can increase the withholding by requesting a form from the Social Security Administration and sending it back.  They have four percentages to choose from including 7,10,12, and 22 percent of your monthly benefits.  I have included a link below to initial the download or call to request a form.

Benefits Planner | Withholding Income Tax From Your Social Security Benefits | SSA

Thank again for asking this question and have a great day!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"