Employee Tax Expert

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Hi ebrookbank,

Thanks for your question. I suggest you consult an immigration attorney first if you are concerned about the immigration process. 

As far as your 2022 tax return (***please note your 2021 tax return is different): You have to file married. Your husband will need a TIN in order to efile, and you can find a link to apply for that here: TIN application   You should have plenty of time to apply since 2022 isn't due until October 15, 2023 with an extension. Since your husband has been in the US all of 2022 he will meet the substantial presence test and will be a resident alien. Please see this link for additional information: TurboTax residency faqs Thanks so much! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post