How do I change W-4 of higher paying job to avoid owing taxes at the end of the year?

Hi there,

I recently took on a weekend job in addition to my weekday job. After doing some research on how to fill out my W-4s so I avoid owing taxes at the end of the year, I gathered that:

*On the W-4 for the lower paying job (which I understand is the weekend job) I only need to tick the ‘multiple jobs’ box (Step 2) but can leave the withholding section (Step 4) blank.

*On the W-4 for the higher paying job (that is my weekday job) I need to tick the ‘multiple jobs’ box (Step 2) AND put down a withholding amount (Step 4c). For the withholding amount I can either use the IRS withholding calculator or the table on page 4 of the W-4 (which I prefer as it's less time-consuming), where I find the Annual Taxable Wage and Salary by tracing where the Higher and Lower paying jobs meet and dividing that number by 26 (since I’m paid bi-weekly for both jobs) and then noting that number down in Step 4c).

I am hoping you can clarify if this process is accurate, and whether there is anything missing that I would still need to do. My goal is to avoid owing taxes at the end of the year! Many thanks in advance for your help.