pk
Level 15
Level 15

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@biyao73 , I hate to say this but --- generally it is best to keep things simple where the IRS is concerned.  Don't really understand why you are trying your hardest to file a resident --- the only advantage being  ability to use standard deduction and whole bunch of credits ( if you are eligible ).  What are you trying to achieve ?  What are you not telling us ?

First  for wages income you CANNOT use Schedule C without exposing yourself to  Self-employment tax ( which you are excluded from because you are student ).

Second form 8833 is  generally for assertion of  treaty benefit positions where IRS rules conflict with treaty assertions -- don't see how this applies to you.

Third, if I assume that you are a student , unmarried and all you want to do is to exercise the exclusion of  the first US$5000 of yearly earnings from US taxes ,  what is your tax advantage  by being a  tax resident -- do you other incomes ( non student type ) or what? Why do you need the standard deduction of $12,550 + ?

Please help me understand  your situation --yes ?