Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Investing
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
graimo ‎Posted May 2, 2020 | Latest post a week ago by tagteam
I have two PTP's that I have held for years, buying more units when my basis (in the Capital Account of the K-1) nears zero.The PTP distributions are treated on a "first-in/first-out" basis so the original investment must be returned before any capit... read more
ewoldde ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by ewoldde
We plan to convert moneu from son's 529 to Roth IRA in 2024. We meet ALL the requirements. Part of the converted money will be earnings on the money we deposited. Will Turbo Tax be able to handle this type of transaction for:Federal - nothing is taxa... read more
Diane77 ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by NCperson
My wife and I own an investment property, a duplex, purchased in 1999 and paid off in 2008.The gross rental income is $1,200 per month.The house is currently in need of some foundation repair along a 12 foot section of basement wall, and will soon ne... read more
thejeepdriver ‎Posted August 20, 2024 | Latest post a month ago by thejeepdriver
The new rollover option with 529s is very compelling, but there remain many questions about how it can be used. A few such questions are raised in the balance of this note. First, it was deemed okay to make a rollover in respect of the 2023 tax year ... read more
Curious One ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a month ago by Bsch4477
Roughly when did firms first start using consolidated 1099's? Are consolidated 1099's relatively new, or were they around "like" forever? My CPA is asking when the 1099=DIV's are for firms he listed on my 2022 1040 schedule B, and neither of us have ... read more
leeleses ‎Posted August 20, 2024 | Latest post a month ago by leeleses
I have a scenario where plan to close one of the crypto account. How a transfer from one account on Exchange A to Spouse's account on Exchange B is treated for taxation / capital gain/loss? As per IRS, its non-taxable to move assets from Exchange A t... read more
A_S_B ‎Posted August 12, 2024 | Latest post August 20, 2024 by NCperson
Hey everyone! I changed jobs this year and rolled over my 401k to an IRA. What I'm wondering is if my contributions count towards my 2018 limit. To make things simpler: I contributed 2,000 to my 401k at Job A When I left Job A I rolled that over to a... read more
chriswyman ‎Posted July 2, 2018 | Latest post August 19, 2024 by DatBio
Does it matter since the RMD is all taxable? I can't wrap my head around it. If you take it when it is low then you need to sell more shares. So you have less shares to grow. Guess it's like selling personal shares, buy low sell high?
VolvoGirl ‎Posted May 26, 2024 | Latest post August 19, 2024 by DatBio
This is an example/scenario only. If 1 stock was purchased over 1 year ago at $10 and didn't split, I understand this is long term capital gains when I would sell it for $20. Capital gains would be $10. If the same single $10 stock was purchased over... read more
trneaville ‎Posted July 25, 2024 | Latest post July 25, 2024 by pk
I am a several years behind on filing. No worries, I won't owe, but I have a house I rented for a few years and it got red-tagged by the county. I can't rent it, until I do some major repairs, but it is not a personal use property. Strictly a rental.... read more
tigerre ‎Posted July 19, 2024 | Latest post July 20, 2024 by M-MTax
I've come across long and short term capital gains bracket posted on your website. Can I assume it applies to me without obtaining the TTS status? I am 1099 and I trade stocks
nazatunited ‎Posted July 1, 2024 | Latest post July 1, 2024 by tagteam
I was laid off and my potential new employer (if hired) has a 401k but they do not contribute , it would only be me contributing. My existing 401k is going to just sit where it is now. I do not plan on rolling over to the new 401k.my question is whet... read more
vze56v6x ‎Posted June 22, 2024 | Latest post June 22, 2024 by VolvoGirl
I need help in figuring out how to enter income received from a real estate investment. I entered into a contract with a home builder in which I up fronted capital to purchase land and build a new home. My only involvement was up fronting the money. ... read more
Sal221 ‎Posted April 12, 2024 | Latest post May 22, 2024 by joseph_ld
Hi! I'm a non-US resident, only visit the country as tourist some weeks per quarter. I hold a US bank account and a phone number. Opened a brokerage account to buy stocks/fixed income but the brokerage company invalidated my W8-BEN and requested addi... read more
crysntns ‎Posted May 9, 2024 | Latest post May 13, 2024 by KristinaK
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies