There are several types of health insurance that qualify you for the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC). However, contributions by your employer or your spouse’s employer may limit your qualification.
- Group health plan available through the employment of your spouse
- Employee benefit plan funded by a voluntary employees’ beneficiary association (VEBA)
- Individual health insurance plan, not including coverage through a Health Insurance Marketplace
- State-qualified health plans established prior to January 1, 2014
Health insurance plans that don’t qualify for the credit:
- Health Insurance Marketplace coverage for 2021
- Flexible spending or similar arrangements and any insurance that’s purchased separately and not paid for as a comprehensive package, like dental or vision plans
For detailed eligibility information on qualified health insurance plans, follow this link.