TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

What is Form 1099-R?

SOLVEDby TurboTax1Updated 2 weeks ago

Form 1099-R reports withdrawals from 401(k) plans, IRAs, pensions, annuities, and other retirement plans. 

Forms CSA 1099-R, CSF 1099-R, and RRB-1099-R are variations of the 1099-R for civil service and railroad retirees.

You may receive more than one Form 1099-R if you receive distributions from multiple retirement accounts. Each Form 1099-R should be entered separately into TurboTax.

For example, if you receive retirement payments from your 401(k) and also from your traditional IRA, you'll receive two 1099-Rs. 

If your plan administrator doesn't send you a Form 1099-R, you can file with a substitute form 1099-R. Enter your 1099-R as you normally would in TurboTax, entering as much information about the payer as you can. We’ll ask you if you need to file ‌a substitute form.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads