TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

Do I need to report foreign income?

SOLVEDby TurboTax1791Updated March 12, 2024

Yes, you need to report foreign income if you're a US citizen or resident. You'll need to report all of your income, whether it was earned in the US or abroad.

Here's how to enter your foreign income:

  1. Sign in to TurboTax and open or continue your return.
  2. Search for foreign income.
  3. Select the Jump to link in the search results.
  4. Answer Yes to Did You Make Any Money Outside the United States? and follow the onscreen instructions.

If you lived and worked in a foreign country, you might qualify for the foreign income exclusion. We'll ask questions to see if you qualify after you've entered your foreign income.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads