TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
53 people found this useful

How do I report unemployment if I didn't get a 1099-G?

If you received unemployment compensation from a union, private voluntary fund, or as a state employee, you might not get a 1099-G. Here's how you enter the unemployment:

  1. Open your tax return in TurboTax online.
    (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and select Take me to my return.)
  2. Do a search for "unemployment compensation" and then select the “Jump to” link.
  3. On the Unemployment (and Paid Family Leave) screen, answer No and select Continue.
  4. On the next screen, Other Uncommon Unemployment Benefits, answer Yes and Continue.
  5. Answer No on the following screen, and then on the screen after that (Did You Receive Any Other Unemployment Not on a 1099-G?) answer Yes.
  6. Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your unemployment.