Where do I enter my 1099-SA?
You'll get Form 1099-SA if you used funds in your Health Savings Account (HSA) or a Medical Savings Account (MSA) to pay for health care expenses.
Tip: Don't confuse this form with the SSA-1099 for Social Security benefits.
Enter your 1099-SA before your medical expenses, so we can properly calculate your medical expense deduction:
- Open (continue) your return in TurboTax, if you don't already have it open.
- From the upper right menu, select and search for 1099-sa or 1099sa (don't use the upper-case SA).
- Select the Jump to link at the top of the search results.
- On the Tell us about the health-related accounts screen, check the appropriate boxes (these may already be checked from info you entered earlier).
- Select Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to add or edit the form.
- Answer Yes if asked if you used your HSA or MSA to pay for anything.
- If using Free Edition or TurboTax Live Basic, follow the prompts to upgrade to Deluxe.