New Member

Me and my spouse are filing jointly but have different states of residency because im in the military what do i do?

Employee Tax Expert

Tax help for military filers

You can file jointly on your federal return, but will file separately for your state returns.  You will each include only your income and tax items on your separate return to your state.  For instructions on how to handle this in Turbo Tax, please see this FAQ: