New Member

This is reported usually on line 16b of 1040. It is a pension payment paid monthly. there is no 1099-R. Why Turbo tax not provide for this entry?

Level 2

Retirement tax questions

The IRS has changed their requirement for how to report retirement without a 1099-R.  This year, you will enter it as "Other Income."  (Instructions are below.)  The end tax result (will be identical to the results you previously achieved with the substitute 1099-R.

  • Choose the Federal return and the Wages & Income tab.
  • Scroll down to Less Common Income and Show more.
  • Choose Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C.
  • Choose Other Reportable Income and say Yes.
  • The screen says "Do not enter income reported on Form 1099-MISC", this is where you will enter the description of  your pension and the amount you received.