When you first start entering a 1099-R, you can select the owner of the form. (Click the 1st screenshot below to enlarge it for reference.) The default is the first person on the return (in this case, you). You can Edit the 1099-R information to indicate that it is for your wife.
To return to the 1099-R and edit the ownership:
- Open (continue) your return in TurboTax Online.
- Click My Account (top right of your screen).
- Select Tools.
- In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
- In the search bar, type 1099-r.
- In the results box, highlight 1099-r, then click GO.
- You'll land on the Your 1099-R Entries page. Click Edit next to the applicable entry. (Click the 2nd screenshot below to enlarge it for reference.)
- You'll be prompted to Verify the Owner of this 1099-R. Select your wife's name, then click Continue. (Click the 3rd screenshot below for reference.)
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the 1099-R section.