New Member

Is there a way to enter my ministerial housing allowance when my income, which has been designated by my denomination as a housing allowance, is reported on a 1099-R?

 I am a retired minister, I get a 1099-R for my pension, the pension board designates 100% of these payments as housing allowance, and I may deduct my actual housing expenses up to the full amount, I see how to do this for income with a W-2, but not a 1099-R, where in Turbo Tax do I enter my housing allowance expenses?

Level 15

Retirement tax questions

See this FAQ.  

I have seen some reports that adding a negative number entry, as recommended, blocks e-filing this year.  If so, print your return and mail it in.

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**

View solution in original post