New Member

I have two sources of income. Veterans Spouse Benefit, which I believe is untaxed and Social Security Widows Pension. They total 26,400 for the year. Do I have to file

New Member

Retirement tax questions

Based on your overall income level, you will almost certainly have to file a tax return. 

The Interactive Tax Assistant (link below) will confirm that after considering all aspects of your tax situation.

In most cases, Veterans Survivor's Benefits are taxable and you should have received a Form 1099-R for that payment. Some portion of the Social Security Survivor's Benefit is also taxable (SSA-1099).

You may not owe any tax, but it appears from your income level that you still have to file a return.

Do I Need to File a Tax Return?