New Member

If I have made a mistake In moving funds from IRA account to non IRA and have now sent 2016-47 and funds to Original IRA account holder. How do I handle with IRS

I mistakenly moved funds from an IRA account with mutual fund to a non IRA account with a bank. With funds guidance I returned funds to  an  IRA account

Level 15

Retirement tax questions

You'll report the distribution as having been rolled over, the same as you would have had the money been deposited back into the IRA within 60 days of the distribution date.

Enter the Form 1099-R exactly as received under Wages & Income -> Retirement Plans and Social Security -> IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R).  In the follow-up, indicate that you moved the money to another retirement account (or returned it to the same account) and indicate the amount rolled over.  TurboTax will exclude this amount from the amount on Form 1040 line 4b and will include the word ROLLOVER next to the line.