New Member

I retired in 2018. I chose the lump sum retirement which was deposited into my IRA directly. I received form 5498 documenting the move but no 1099r. Is that correct?

New Member

Retirement tax questions

In this scenario, I would think you would receive a 1099-R for the lump sum amount with a Code "G" in Box 7 to denote a rollover to your IRA. You may want to check with your old company's plan administrator to see if there was one issued. 

View solution in original post