Can I claim a room of my house, since it is used to store my work products daily.

I am a sales/ merchandiser trying to find out how to figure out the amount of income for my "office space" at home. I service multiple stores and have demo tools, that are stores in a room of my house. Can I claim this
Phillip1

Investors & landlords

Yes. You can claim a room used for storage of products and supplies, and the exclusive test may not apply if the following rules are met:

Storage of inventory or product samples . If you use part of your home for storage of inventory or product samples, you can deduct expenses for the business use of your home without meeting the exclusive use test. However, you must meet all the following tests.

• You sell products at wholesale or retail as your trade or business
  • You keep the inventory or product samples in your home for use in your trade or business.
  • Your home is the only fixed location of your trade or business.
  • You use the storage space on a regular basis.
  • The space you use is a separately identifiable space

However. since there are fixed locations where you work regularly, you should apply the exclusive rule. The exclusive rule is as follows:

Exclusive Use

To qualify under the exclusive use test, you must use a specific area of your home only for your trade or business. The area used for business can be a room or other separately identifiable space. The space does not need to be marked off by a permanent partition.

You do not meet the requirements of the exclusive use test if you use the area in question both for business and for personal purposes.

Investors & landlords

what section do you enter this information in?