New Member

Received a 1099-misc from book royalties from a publishing company out of state. Do I need to claim income tax in that state?

From what I've been seeing we should not have to file income tax as a nonresident, as only the publishing company is located there. Is this correct?

Intuit Alumni

Investors & landlords

Yes. Unless you actually worked in the state, you're not required to file a state return.


View solution in original post