New Member

Can I deduct any of our hotel/travel expenses we incur when our house is rented? We rent our property (our primary residence) for specific university events in our area.

Level 9

Investors & landlords

No, you would not be able to use the hotel or travel for temporary accommodations as a expense under Rental Income.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post