New Member

I need help figuring out how to file. I've been separated (not legally) from my husband for the last 1 1/2 years.

Last year we filed together because we lived together half the year but we didn't for all of last year. I have 2 girls i claim so what would be the best way to file this year? Also, how would he file as well?
Level 3

Investors & landlords

If you've lived apart for at least the last six months of the tax year (2016) AND financially support your children, then you can claim Head of Household, with him filing Single.

You can also file married filing jointly (MFJ) or separately (MFS).