New Member

Got a 1099T for my daughter in college. Understand that but have paid her her rent or housing. Can I write that off. If so where? Thanks

Just need to know if I can deduct the rent I pay for my daughter in college in an other city
Level 7


Unfortunately, room and board is not a qualified, deductible educational expense.

See Qualified Education Expenses

To enter educational expenses:

  • Type in 1098-t in the search box, top right of your screen, then click the magnifying glass

  • Click the jump to 1098-t link in the search results

  • Follow to prompts and online instructions

View solution in original post