New Member

Can I receive refund for my business if the business isn't operating in 2018? I made expenses for the business in 2018

Expert Alumni

Business & farm

Unfortunately, you cannot receive a refund for your business that operated at a loss last year.  You can, however, use the loss to reduce your earned income which could result in lower taxes or a higher refund.    

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post